Monday, August 17, 2009

Michigan's Beauty!



Hello again, I just returned from an amazing weekend with the man in my life and had a wonderful time!! We live in the lower peninsula of Michigan and made the lengthy trek to the Upper Peninsula crossing the Mackinaw bridge. Our destination was Sault Saint Marie, Michigan, the home of the Soo locks just across the water from Sault Saint Marie, Ontario.

The weather was phenomenal, we were so lucky! It was in the upper 80's and sunny Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I must admit I was a little apprehensive to leave what little nice summer weather we've had this year in Michigan to travel nearly 4 hours north to a much colder climate. I was pleasantly surprised, the weather perfect!

Saturday we headed an hour northwest to Whitefish Point on the shoreline of Lake Superior. These beautiful rocks were everywhere; I collected a few to bring home for a lasting memory.


On our way back from Whitefish Point we stopped by Tahquamenon Falls and viewed the upper falls. These are a few images of the beautiful nature we experienced during our visit.



This was at the top of the falls. See all the pennies in the water? I hope all their wishes come true!


The falls...also referred to the Root Beer falls due to the brown water from the tannis leached from the cedar swamps.


What beauty God has given us to experience and enjoy! I feel so blessed!!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment