Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An update, FINALLY!

Hello Again,

As many of you know, it's been several months since my last post. I'm finally back with the "after" photos of my house. I moved into my house in mid October, however, I had several projects to finish up. Closets needed to be painted, touch up's here and there, etc. Once I unpacked boxes and made my way through the sea of "stuff" stored in the den, I began to make my house a home.

Shortly after I got somewhat settled, Betsie and her friend Karissa called my house their temporary home. Suddenly it was home of 3 females, two dogs and one cat. Our lives were busy and people were coming and going all the time. In mid December, Betsie and Karissa graduated from Nursing school at SVSU. They packed their bags and prepared for their big move to Raleigh, NC to begin their nursing careers at Duke University hospital.

I celebrated my first Christmas in my new house with a LOT of snow. I decorated with outdoor lights, decorated a real Christmas tree and had a cookie baking day with Betsie and her friend Nicole. Memories were being made!

Shortly after Christmas, I packed my bags, a rental van and Betsie's car with all her "stuff" and hit the road for Betsie's new home in North Carolina. Yet another move and another round of unpacking. She is settled in and I must say I'm very envious of the mild winter she is enjoying!! How soon can I move there???

I opened my home again right after Christmas for a friend and her daughter (Brenda and Lizzy), they had some housing issues and were patiently waiting for their new rental home renovation to be complete. They moved into their new home on Valentine's day and I became a single homeowner for the first time in my life.

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment