Monday, January 4, 2010

So Many Updates!


Hello everyone...it has been months since I last posted and so much has happened in my life, some pretty ordinary, some fun and some very sad.

The photo above is from one of the highlights over the past few months.  My daughter Elizabeth, lovingly referred to as Betsie (she hates that name) came home for a visit in late October.  She currently lives in Raleigh, North Carolina; I have been searching for months to find a job there to be closer to her and to get out of the miserable Michigan cold weather!

I mentioned some bad...well, while Betsie was home, I was sooooo sick.  My "unofficial" diagnosis was the swine flu.  I missed 6 consecutive work days which has never happened before!  I had body aches, a temperature, sore throat and major lung and head congestion.  It was awful!!  The doctor diagnosed me with a variation of a strep infection and prescribed antibiotics.  One week later,  I left for San Diego.

This photo is from our recent trip to San Diego, my first ever trip to southern California.  What a breathtakingly beautiful place!  I would love to live there.  This was our view from the patio of the quaint restaurant where we had breakfast on the last morning of our visit.  What a great place to recuperate from the flu!
 
Let the holidays begin!  Dinner for two on Thanksgiving.  We had a nice time, but I missed my kids and the family togetherness!

Christmas decorating...my favorite time of the year! 

A very  very sad day for me was December 17, 2009, the day I said goodbye to my sweet boy Toby.  He suffered through liver cancer for weeks and I held him for hours on his last night on earth.  I love you Toby and your memory will live in my heart forever!

Cookies for the neighbors!  I put my baking skills to the test, they were enjoyed by one and all (including me, hehe)!

Christmas with the family (my son and me) at my sister's beautiful home, minus my daughter.  She stayed in Raleigh working both Christmas eve and Christmas day; we missed her!

The week between Christmas and New Year's was spent in Raleigh with my daughter!  We had a great time and enjoyed a lot of Mother/Daughter bonding.  In addition, I got to meet the new man in her life!  What a great guy, she seems truly happy!

Now it's back to work and surviving the winter doldrums...did I mention I hate the COLD Michigan winters??? 

I promise, I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Tammi, I'm so glad you are back! I've missed you and wondered what was happening with you through the holidays. My heart goes out to you for the loss of Toby! He's still loving you from 'DogHeaven'...I know I have a 'Pepper' there. You look good, your family looks good and those cookies look good. Wish I could say it was some warmer in Texas, but it's not, and suppose to get colder this weekend. I'm having a BlogginBirthday GiveAway....your invite is right under the Header on CollectInTexas Gal. Hope to see ya there.....Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute kids.........and I'm so sorry about your Toby....

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read about the passing of your lovely Golden. I know that I can't give you any words that can touch the pain and loneliness but please know that I send my sincere condolences. I hope someday you open your home and heart to another rescue - they are the BEST. I know...

    ReplyDelete