Monday, October 12, 2009

Better Late Than Never




You know how the saying goes...well, I FINALLY decorated my mantel for fall.  It takes a visit from friends to force me to find the items and make it happen and that is exactly the reason it's done now.  I am hosting our first ever Bunko night tomorrow evening so I spent the weekend with my dear friend Ann searching high and low for the items that complimented my decor'.  This is my first actual fall in my house, last year I was moving in at this time, so needless to say, decorating wasn't a priority.

In this house, I didn't want the expected fall oranges, reds, etc.  I wanted something a little lighter and decorations that would blend better with room colors, etc.; I think I found the perfect mix!  I spray painted the grapevine an off-white, added white lights and the remaining decorations are artificial items I found over the weekend.  I'm so happy with the end result.  This will take me through Thanksgiving and then it's on to the Christmas decorations! What do you think? 

Peace to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. I love it and you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to decorate with colors that blend with my existing room colors. You fall decor looks great on your mantel. It's simple and not overload.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks beautiful. It's fun to take an unexpected decor and make it fit the holidy. I've given you and your blog an award. I hope you'll accept and stop by CollectInTexas Gal and pick it up when you have time. Hope to see you on Pink Saturday...Sue

    ReplyDelete